AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostLife and times of TM

I'm thinking I am going to try this blog thing again. This time I have left it open to all including visitors. All will be able to make post and to read post.

To start things off let me say, I'm tired. Not just a little now and then, I'm tired most of the time. I want to be 30 again and to have the energy and drive that I had then but with the experience I have now. Yeah I know, it doesn't work that way. I know I have been blessed in life with abilities that frankly a lot of folks lack. I should be grateful that my life has gone as well as it has but find myself wanting more and better. While I haven't changed the world, I do feel like I have made accomplishments that many wouldn't even try. I like me. I know that there are some who don't and that's alright, I don't care much for them either.

More to come but it's hard to say when or what that might be. Do I bore you with the daily details of my life ? I don't know why that would interest you. Shall I expound on my feelings ? I don't know that I'm able to let people get that close. I guess we shall see what we see

Once you get past my charm, good looks, intelligence and sense of humor, I think it's my modesty that really stands out.
Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Life and times of TM :: Comments

Re: Life and times of TM
Post on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:13 pm by TM
Is The Island dying ?

I fear it is and yet at this point in time, I don't even care. Some will cry, some will celebrate and some will be in denial that they had anything to do with it.

I have some thoughts as to what may come next but I'm not quite ready to share them.
Post on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest
You know, I never figured you to be a quitter. Aren't you the one that told once that if it's worth having, it's worth fighting for? Guess maybe I should go back and read that conversation again. This was during our discussion after Lindy left the last time.

Is this because Lindy left? Or that some that used to come around, don't anymore?

The Island will only die if one allows it to. This place can be restored to what it once was. Have you tried contacting some of those that no longer come to ask them why?

From my own personal experience, a site dies when those on it just give up. Every site experiences down times when people stop coming for whatever reason. However, there is a small group on Island that seem to care enough to come here and post. You built it up once, you can do it again if you care to do so.

Just my opinion.
Post on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:07 pm by TM
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Post on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:58 pm by Guest
You should know me by now......that doesn't work.
Post on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:42 pm by TM
Read my last "sign" again. You're right, it doesn't work with you. And please stop with the emails, I'm not interested nor do I usually succumb to child psychology. Telling me how happy this will make Dave isn't any incentive to me either way. You're ex-long time friend Dave is an ass and I'm pretty sure always has been, why would I possibly care what him or Liz or Nanny thought ? And I don't care about all the people YOU have talked to or what was said in those conversations so dropping the name of virtually everyone on The Island and why they may or may not be posting is of little interest to me either. And while I'm speaking to you directly, you are right about one thing in those emails, we will never be friends. I trust my friends. When I can't, they are no longer friends. And finally, I don't need any preaching in sign form. I already thank God for what I have and I already trust Him to supply my needs.Thank you very much.

Post on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:40 pm by clouddancer
WOOOOOOOOAAAHHH NELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I been living in LA-LA Land or something?????? What's going on here???? Is The Island going to shut down????? I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be lost without it.....then I REALLY will be living in a prison...I know, it's of my own making with the Agoraphobia, but come on y'all......what the heck is going on????????????? No confused
Post on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:50 pm by TM
Cloudy, I have no intention of shutting down anything, I don't think I ever said that. Do I think it may be dying of natural causes ? There I'm not so sure. I guess ultimately that would be up to you guys who post ( or don't ).
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:37 pm by Lindy
I can't put as much time in here,but I love this place.I may have to get hooked on pain pills for the old neck and back.I do believe I have an ugly case of ipad shoulder!!!!This place has endured its share of uglyness and its still here.That says something I do believe.
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:17 pm by TM
I don't think my insurance will cover addiction. Seriously, you know I want you to do what is best for you. But then you knew that.
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:41 pm by Sunny
Hey Lindy, get me some of that anti-pain stuff too. Will ya!!!

Sure would be nice if there is one available that kills the pain and makes you all happy, happy at the same time.
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:59 pm by Lindy
I know that TM.Sunny,If TM would hire us,we could gt ourselves some really good stuff.We just have to convince him we'd be worth it.
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:10 pm by TM
You would both hate it. Gone a week home for two days gone a week. Hotels and fast food. Crabby people and lots of lines to wait in.
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:30 pm by Sunny
I don't have to go on trips to be around crabby people and stand in long lines.
We might be worth it until we got the "good stuff", but I think it would be a whole different story after that. We might find ourselves standing on the side of some interstate with our thumbs pointing upward. Maybe Cloudy's husband would drive by and take pity on us. Hey D, over here, over here
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:41 pm by TM
Sunny wrote:
I don't have to go on trips to be around crabby people and stand in long lines.

Can't argue that even a little.

We might be worth it until we got the "good stuff", but I think it would be a whole different story after that. We might find ourselves standing on the side of some interstate with our thumbs pointing upward.

No way. I'll just get on the good stuff too.

Maybe Cloudy's husband would drive by and take pity on us. Hey D, over here, over here

I can just see Cloudy's reaction to D picking up two female hitch hikers.
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:07 pm by Sunny
Her reaction wouldn't come close to Mr. S reaction to me doing it.
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:09 pm by TM
I have no doubt at all.
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 pm by Lindy
Yeah Sunny.Wouldnt want to cause coronary.I can't even go to the store without Chuck asking me to call him when I get there!
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:48 pm by Sunny
Awe, that's so sweet, Lindy.
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:19 pm by clouddancer
TM WROTE: I can just see Cloudy's reaction to D picking up two female hitch hikers.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest cuz there's no way y'all could climb up into that thing......sorry Ladies...I used to climb up into a cabover when we drove together (the cab sits directly over the engine). He's driving a long nosed now and it's even harder to get up into it....but you are more than welcome to try!!!!! It's just not safe to pick up hitchers now a days...But I'm glad he's not driving a refer anymore.....too many hijacked trucks....affraid
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 pm by clouddancer
OH, I almost forgot.....for y'alls neck and back pain ask the Dr for Limbitrol DS...it's a combination drug.....Chlordiasapoxide and amytriptylline.....you take 2 at bedtime...It's main purpose is psych med...antidepressant...BUT I use it because I had a serious whiplash injury and then surgery and the Neurosurgeon put me on it for the muscle relaxation side effect.....lots of psych and neuro meds have excellenc, BENEFICIAL side effects....it works.....I've been on it since 1995....my neck gets in such knots I want to shoot it if I miss more than 1 dose.......
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:56 pm by Lindy
I will have to remember that Cloudy.I know holding the ipad instead of putting it down on the desk is part of my problem.I have some Flexeril on hand for now.
Post on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm by clouddancer
Flexaril is good for some people but I might as well take sugar pills for all the good it does me.....before I had my NDES and was in a chemical induced coma if I took 2 mg of Valium I'd snooze a good 8 hours and Benedryl used to give me a horrible narcotic "Hangover"....not any more.......
Post on Sun May 12, 2013 11:01 pm by TM
Headed out to Greensville SC in the morning. Wish me luck.
Post on Sun May 12, 2013 11:26 pm by Sunny
Have a safe trip, TM, and good luck too. Nice destination.
Post on Mon May 13, 2013 12:34 am by clouddancer
Enjoy the rain and be careful..............
Post  by Sponsored content

Life and times of TM

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-