AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostStunned

I just got an early birthday present and I'm a little blown away by it. Can't post the pics yet so you will have to wait for an explanation.

Stay tuned.

Once you get past my charm, good looks, intelligence and sense of humor, I think it's my modesty that really stands out.
Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Stunned :: Comments

Re: Stunned
Post on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:17 pm by clouddancer
WELL, will you HURRY!!!!????!!!!  PLEASE!!!!  My face is getting awfully BLUE, waiting!!!!  rofl3
Post on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:30 pm by TM
Actually it seems I could be one of the last to know but that's alright. CT sent me a gift, pictured below, and I was very surprised and wonderfully pleased. I know this had to take tons of work and I really was moved by it.

Post on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:44 pm by Tali
Holy MOSES!!!

I'd seen pics,  but these really show the true scope of this endeavor

Geeza Louisa

Post on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:47 pm by Tali
I just mean,  seeing that chair sitting next to it - WOW

That is hours and hours and tens of thousands of stitches!!!!
Post on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:52 pm by TM
It's HUGE !
Post on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:07 pm by Sunny
That's really amazing; very nice, TM.
Post on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:01 am by Water
Absolutely wonderful !  = )
Post on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:29 am by clouddancer
It is beautiful!!!  I hope you like it...
Post on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:29 pm by TM
This has been moved to my blog and my blog has been made public.
Post on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:58 pm by Tali
Cool
Post on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:09 pm by Southern Snowstorm
It's huge because it's a blanket, not an afghan.   If you wanted smaller, you should have had Tali order a throw.   Of course, the blanket I'm making for Karen will be less than 1/2 the size of yours.    (Since my user name was taken  I'll try this one
Post on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:14 pm by Southern Snowstorm
This blanket should fit a King sized bed with no problem.   Definitely fits a Queen, hits the floor on a double and can be doubled for a twin. 

Wash it in cold water and add vinegar to the wash to keep the colors from running.   It is machine dryable.
Post on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:13 am by triedntru
Post on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:54 am by Lindy
Nothing better than handmade.Very nice.Smile
Post on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:20 pm by Southern Snowstorm
Now I have to laugh.    I've been reading the reviews  from the blanket on my fb page.  Since I really didnt' know how to describe TM to people, I just said "friend".    Figure it was the easiest way and sounded better than "that guy"  or "the guy who owns the website the blanket represents.

This is the review.

Special blanket for a special friend I would say. I've been eyeing it, looks great on display & I'm sure there is a story behind each patch.

Now, this lady lived the town I worked in.   Not on my route, so I didn't know her and really only started talking to her recently.  I knew who she was and where she lived, but that's not hard to know when you are a mail carrier.   Newtown is a very small, close knit town, compromising of Newtown, Sandy Hook (which was made famous by the Hook shooting), Botsford and Hawleyville.   It' the kind of town where everyone knows everyone.   Guess you could say a family type of place.   Anyway, this lady lives in the hoity toity section of Newtown....you know the kind, with the multimillion dollar homes     Getting her to say something nice really is a big deal.   LOL

Anyway,  this was my answer to her:

Each patch represents a different person that belongs to the group The person I made if for is a very nice guy and would give you the shirt off his back. He is the one that owns this group and I thought it would be a nice surprise and something he would treasure forever..

No,   I didnt' tell her the real story behind it.  Only a very select few will ever know that story,    But I will say that there were a lot of memories tied up in that blanket....some good and some bad.   Yes,  I added in my name only at Tali's insistence, as I did not feel that it should be ont here.   I still don't, but that is another story all together.    

So TM,   enjoy your blanket and know that there are many people that really do care for you and ar in your corner.   Yes,  in the few pictures i did post of this from TM's picture (and I do thank you for that),   many people loved it.    Matter of fact, it brought me back with a friend that you all know.

So,  I do say thanks for allowing me the chance to be in the group and for the memories and the ability to make this blanket.

Yes,  TM,   you aren't a bad guy.  At least not the side of you I've seen lately.    (bet you never expected to hear that from me.)
Post on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:14 pm by Southern Snowstorm
While I think of it, I do want to credit TNT for his contribution to the logo.    He told a story, which came to mind while I was working on the logo,  So, I did some additions, then showed them to karen for her approval.    From there, I decided to add just a tad more from TNT's story and a couple things of my own which were not on Karen's original logo.   I did run them all by Karen, even though she did give me permission to make whatever changes i wanted and do what I wanted with her logo.   So just wanted to say thanks to both of them and acknowledge them.
Post on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:38 pm by ctrr03
What TM failed to mention on this is that it came from "The island" and not from me.   Those that I was able to contact saw it around the time it was mailed, although a few saw parts of it as a WIP.   Not to mention, I believe the return address said The Island and wasn't my address.     LOL   I knew I should have mailed it in Seymour like I was going to.
Post on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:15 pm by TM
Yeah that return address threw me off for at least 30 seconds.

And thank you all for the blanket CT made.
Post Today at 10:50 pm by Sponsored content

Stunned

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-