AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Republican pick    Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:33 pm

Please vote for your choice of Republicans for the Presidency. One vote only ( no ID required LOL )You can vote in both polls if you wish but only for one candidate. You can also change your vote.

1 Cruz
2 Trump
3 Fiorina
4 Carson
5 Bush
6 Christy
7 Kasich
8 Paul
9 Walker
10 Other

Once you get past my charm, good looks, intelligence and sense of humor, I think it's my modesty that really stands out.

Last edited by TM on Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
ctrr03

Registration date : 2015-06-11

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:01 pm

OK....so, do you intend to add #10 to the poll?

It always seems impossible until it's done.
Back to top Go down
TM

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:14 pm

There we go.

Once you get past my charm, good looks, intelligence and sense of humor, I think it's my modesty that really stands out.
Back to top Go down
ctrr03

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Thank you.   Have to keep it honest, ya know?  Had you not included "other",  then it would make it appear less voted because they couldn't stand who was running.   Other is just for those that opposed the candidates and wish to voice that opposition.

Back to top Go down
Hobo

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:36 am

Kasich and Rubio may prove to be an ideal ticket with appeal to moderates and the Hispanic vote.
The others have their own problems and could drive away both moderates and independents.
Trump has appeal to many that are fed up with the system but would not get much support from Hispanics or independents.
Bush will be put down by many due to father and brother.
Fiorina is a possibility especially in the VP spot, lot more sense than Pallen ever had.
Carson also a very definite possibility and may appeal to both moderates and conservative.
Back to top Go down
Lindy

Registration date : 2008-04-21

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:07 am

Like your thoughts on this Hobo.I Love Carson.Sure ,steady,smart.I think some are unsure of him because he is quiet,but mama always said"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Well,her and Roosevelt!

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:58 am

I don't see Kasich having much of a chance. They establishment Republicans would go with Bush first even though it would be stupid. I like Trump/Carson. I think a lot of Hispanics and Independents are just as sick of the career politicians as everyone else is.

Read an interesting piece the other day about the possibility of Trump having an "accident" or heart attack before he ever made it to the Presidency. Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me. I think the status quo has a lot to lose if he were to be elected.

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Registration date : 2010-06-14

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:56 am

I can envision Trump/Fiorina being a winning ticket IF Hillary makes it to the election.  Right now with all this email mess, she may not even make it to the primaries.

"Where Words Fail, Music Speaks" .............Hans Christian Anderson
Back to top Go down
Hobo

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Trying to figure out who Trump would invite to run as VP is a real head-scratcher.
I doubt if he would invite any established politician such as Bush. It also makes a person wonder how much influence the GOP would have on his decision since he signed the agreement ruling out a third party run. He also is viewed as the ugly step-child of the GOP family, so the relationship may be strained at the time he is looking for a VP. So far I do not believe he has even commented on it.
I doubt he would invite Carson, there seems to be a difference in personalities.
If I were to bet on the person who gets the invite it would be Fiorina as I wrote before, for two main reasons,
1. she is not an established politician
2. she has a similar background as Trump in the private sector.
a third possible reason is gender, if she were on the ticket it may draw some female votes.
Back to top Go down
TM

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:07 pm

I'd say that's pretty good reasoning. I thought for a while it might be Carson and I would be okay with that but the woman/business thing would be pretty compelling. I don't at all see him inviting one of the established GOP. I think it would cost him a lot of his appeal. But I'm also not completely convinced that the GOP will make him their candidate no matter how far ahead he is in the polls. It's not like they haven't gone against other things that they knew a majority of people were completely against.

Back to top Go down
Hobo

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 pm

The GOP would have to nominate Trump or risk shattering the party and completely giving up on the 2016 election. Since most of his supporters are the conservative Republican type, many of them would sit out the election if the party refused to put him on the ticket. Of course with Trump being on the ticket it would make some of the more moderate republicans want to sit out. The party would have to convince the voters to take a "democrat view" of it and vote for party regardless of candidate in order to gain control of the White House.
Also, since Trump signed the agreement to support the GOP candidate, a lot would depend on how that support came across if it happened at all.

A greater concern is the Supreme Court and that should be on the mind of the GOP. Ginsberg will be gone more than likely and possibly one other before 2020. The make-up of the court will determine many issues that have been and are on the front burner right now, especially immigration and gun control.
Back to top Go down
TM

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:34 pm

I see what you're saying and agree for the most part. The thing about Trump is that the GOP doesn't have the control over him that they like. The established politicians may actually feel they can work with the DNC better than they can Trump. I think almost all the career politicians are very much afraid of him. Some may even be so arrogant they think they can win no matter who they put in.

Back to top Go down
Hobo

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:54 pm

Advice to the GOP candidates, lay low and let Hil-liar-y destruct.
Trump needs to tone it down and just keep talking about security and her server.
Group that supports Hil-liar-y is gearing up to start anti-Trump commercials. Seems a little soon, but they may be trying to start a second front to get media attention away from her.
Back to top Go down
Tali

Registration date : 2008-07-30

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:27 am

I completely agree Hobo.  Although,  I think if Hi-liar-ry gets the DNC nod it would practically seal the election for the GOP 

I am supporting her for that very reason

"I could have had a better education, and I could have had better clothes to wear to school. I could have had a better chance, you know. But if I'd had the best education in the world, I might have not played music."

Bill Monroe
Back to top Go down
Hobo

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:50 pm

I don't know that it would 'seal the deal' for the GOP, Trump is a wild card and turns off many voters with his brash comments.
He has some good ideas, but those are offset by the wacky ones.
So many are behind Trump that it will be difficult for the GOP not to support him if he continues on. New blood is needed in the GOP to attract the younger voters, but some of that new blood turns off the older established conservatives. The problem is that Trump is the "my way" type who will not sit down with the GOP and discuss a good game plan with a solid platform. He also needs to discuss with the GOP things such as a good running mate list and their strengths and start getting their names out there.
Newt's "contract with America" comes to mind as something that worked at one time.

The GOP seems to be more fragmented than the DNC over the many issues and candidates, that fragmentation is fodder for the DNC to use.
Back to top Go down
TM

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:01 pm

While that's true I think the vast "silent" majority are completely fed up with the status quo. I do wish Trump would lose the need to be the perpetual wise guy and yes, actually give some specifics on his platform. 

Of all I see right now, he would still be my pick.

Back to top Go down
Hobo

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:23 am

I like some of his comments and ideas, but question his ability to get things done without a lot of support. He has ticked off many on the right.
He needs to get off the non-workable ideas, like deporting every illegal that is in this country, and get onto things that actually could be accomplished. Until he does, he is missing some support he could pick up.
He may be over/underestimating the workings of the government. It is not like a private company that can change directions as soon as a plan does not seem to be working.
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:47 pm

I don't think Trump is doing himself a favor with his insulting comments; it's going to wear thin pretty quickly.  I also believe many others have not presented platforms, more like stating what's wrong, also say what they want to change, but don't really give many details.  It's kind of early for specifics.
I do believe Trump would choose smart, good people to advise him, a good running mate, etc.  He didn't get where he is in business all on his own. He has had good advisors and I believe listens to advice from experts in the process of making important decisions.  Candidates already steeped in politics have a lot of pay back to consider when appointing people and making decisions, he doesn't have that on his plate.
Don't know that he would consider asking or if he would accept, but Trey Gowdy would be an excellent running mate for Trump even though he is already in Congress.

Gowdy would make a good choice for Fiorina or Carson too. 
I would love to see a Fiorina/Gowdy ticket, and if not Carson/Gowdy ticket.
There are a lot of women who really want to see a woman win, why not Carly?  The media does not give Carly enough attention IMO, and I believe it's bc she would be great against Hillary.

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:58 pm

Listened to Carson's speech in Ferguson.  He was great!

Back to top Go down
TM

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:59 am

About half these guys need to bow out. See where those people are going to go, Trump, Foiria, Carson Rubio.Stay

Paul, Christy, Huckaby and Kasich should fold. Bush should fold too but that probably ain't going to happen.

Back to top Go down
ctrr03

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:10 pm

I think Rubio also needs to go.      I thought Trump did good last night, as did Foiria.   Trump came back with good answers and I thought this debate went a lot better when they just let the candidate answer and go after each other.   However, I think out of what happened last night, Trump is still in the lead.

Back to top Go down
Lindy

Registration date : 2008-04-21

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:29 pm

I liked Rubio and thought he was clear to understand.I like Carly also.We need someone with balls guts!I did notice Trump was calm and not insulting.Thought it was a great debate,and CNN did a good job.

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Actually,   I don't agree wiith any of them 100%   I agree we need to buld up or armed forces.    I do believe we need to cut down on all the spending, which might mean cutting programs.   I do believe that we need to deport illegals and close borders.   I don't believe we need to bring Syrian refugees here.   It is not our job to police and care for the world.   I do believe we need to take care of our own...vets, senior citizens and sick/disabled that we have here.    I think the deals for nuclear arms and stuff need to go.  We need to stop with the illegals and others coming into this country.    Protect our borders.   We also need to go back to the old days of public floggings and hanging and make examples of those that are hell bent on cauging trouble.   If they are here illegally, then shoot them.   end of it.   I think we also need to  make some kind of public punishment for those that riot and destroy others stuff because they are angry.   Get over it.     No more paying out to criminals.    and a whole list of other stuff that needs doing.

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Carly & Rubio had the best night IMO.

Back to top Go down
TM

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm still going with Trump at least so far,

Trump/Cruz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republican pick    Today at 10:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Republican pick
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: The Guest Room-