It does not get better than this

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hobo

PostSubject: It does not get better than this   Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:20 pm

Obama's brother plans to vote for Trump

July 25, 2016

By Duncan Miriri
NAIROBI (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's half-brother, Malik Obama, says he will vote for Republican nominee Donald Trump in the U.S. election in November because he likes the candidate and he is unhappy with his brother's leadership.
Malik, who is in his 50s, told Reuters by phone from Obama's ancestral home of Kogelo in western Kenya that he supports Trump's policies, especially his focus on security.
"He appeals to me and also I think that he is down to earth and he speaks from the heart and he is not trying to be politically correct. He's just straight-forward," he said.
Malik, a U.S. citizen, has lived in Washington since 1985 where he worked with various firms before becoming an independent financial consultant.

Trump's stance against Muslims coming in to the United States was understandable even to Muslims like himself, Malik said.

"I'm a Muslim, of course, but you can't have people going around just shooting people and killing people just in the name of Islam," he said.

He criticized President Obama's record in the White House saying he had not done much for the American people and his extended family despite the high expectations that accompanied his election in 2008, both in the United States and Kenya.

The two men appear to have drifted apart but were previously close. Malik has visited the president in the Oval office and was also best man at Barack's wedding.

Obama's election created much excitement in Kenya especially in Kogelo village where their father was born before going to study at the University of Hawaii.

Obama visited Nairobi, in the first ever trip by a sitting U.S. president to the East African nation last July, and promised to visit more often when he leaves office.

Malik defended his right to criticize his brother, citing freedom of expression.

"To each his own. I speak my mind and I'm not going to be put in a box just because my brother is the President of the United States," Malik said.

(Editing by Angus MacSwan)

Pretty bad when your own brother thinks you stink at your job.
Back to top Go down
clouddancer
Most honored among Natives

Registration date : 2009-03-10

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:27 am

rofl3 rofl3 rofl3 rofl3 rofl3

Do Or Do Not...There Is No Try........Jedi Master Yoda
NOTW.........
DWJD...............F.R.O.G......................  

One of these days I shall Burst my Bud of Calm and Blossom into Hysteria!
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries
of the earth are never alone or weary of life.
-Rachel Carson
Back to top Go down
Lindy

Registration date : 2008-04-21

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:36 pm

Good thing he isn't a Clinton family member.His life would be short.

Registration date : 2010-06-14

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:34 pm

I doubt Bill's brother even knows what day it is, a druggie and drunk.
Hillary's brother, at least one of them isn't going to be a family traitor, he's mixed up with them, and crooked too.
Blows my mind people can support her with all her baggage.  Scares me silly she could be President.  For one thing, I don't believe her health is good enough.  So many emails that have come out which describe her as being "confused", and they are from her top aide Huma.  Why in the world the MSN doesn't bring this up is beyond me even though I really do know why.

"Where Words Fail, Music Speaks" .............Hans Christian Anderson
Back to top Go down
ctrr03

Registration date : 2015-06-11

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:07 am

Sunny, that is one of my biggest fears.  That and Obama declaring Martial Law and staying in power.  We all know there will be some kind of attempt at it.

It always seems impossible until it's done.
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:35 am

Nothing will surprise me.  I have pretty much given up on politicians, I've lost so much respect for them.
It's a dirty business, and mainly full of people who seek power more than service.
Read an article today about the VA and how it really hasn't improved since everything came out a couple years ago about the long waiting time for vets to see doctors, and all the other stuff.  Just last week it came out the VA just purchased a $21,000.00 artificial Christmas tree among other decorative things, and they still don't give proper, timely care to the vets.  One can only imagine the waste, fraud and abuse costs the government in dollars.  Officials act like, rule like, vote like they have a bottomless piggy bank to draw on for every want and need imaginable.  Even when oversight picks up on this stuff, reports it, etc., it never stops.  Meantime, we the people have to put up with their half assed laws like ObamaCare which does not save us $2,500.00 a year, and allow everyone to keep their doctor.  What a load of lies we were told.  Then they bring in tons of immigrants and expect us to sit by & accept it as okay they get on their feet on the tax payers dime because we are a Nation of Immigrants and have a duty to let them in when we can't even take care of our own.

Back to top Go down
ctrr03

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:39 am

In my opinion, we should deport all illegals and use that money to help Seniors and Vets who need it the most.

Back to top Go down
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:49 am

Agreed !

Once you get past my charm, good looks, intelligence and sense of humor, I think it's my modesty that really stands out.
Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
clouddancer

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:59 am

As much as I know y'all speak the truth, (and I agree wholeheartedly with everything said) do you not get it that things are going to get a LOT WORSE before they get better???

NOTW.........

-Rachel Carson
Back to top Go down
ctrr03

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:07 am

We all know that, but these are the end times

Back to top Go down
clouddancer

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:50 am

Uhmmmmm, yeah, that's what I said...BTW, I'm not as stupid as you seem to think I am...

NOTW.........

-Rachel Carson
Back to top Go down
ctrr03

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:52 am

See, here we go again.  No one said or even implied you were stupid.  But neither are we.  We all know what is happening.  Unless one is blind, all this has been predicted.  WE are Babylon.  Unrest will continue until Obama declares martial law.  None of this will be pretty and it is happening.

Regardless. We need to stop illegals andnude that money for senior citizens and veterans is all i said.  Unfortunately, christians everywhere are coming under attack and there is no stopping this.

Back to top Go down
Hobo

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:05 am

One thing that needs to be done is get Trump out of this race and replace him with a good candidate who can gain the respect of the independents and moderate Republicans and their votes.
Even though Trump has hit on many things that need fixed, he has not outlined a plan and just keeps driving the middle of the road voters away from him with insane comments. Although many of his ardent supporters approve of those comments, they are not viewed favorably by those un-decided voters or Independents.
A vote that stays home is a vote for hil-liar-y if not an actual vote for her. If she gets in, we can kiss the Supreme Court good-by, and the Supreme Court is actually more critical than just a hil-liar-y WH occupancy.
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:40 am

Who ever even imagined there would be 17 people in the Republican race for President? Many were flushed out pretty quickly, but still there were quite a few in contention.  IMHO the establishment was caught off guard in that Bush tanked early on.  The establishment pretty much put all their eggs in his basket for years prior, but the establishment/Republican Party was so busy grooming and raising money for him, they kind of forgot to take the pulse of the American People tiring of same old, same old which was basically career politicians. Should have learned that much from Obama's election 8 years ago. Agree with him, like him or not, he was pretty much a fresh face, young with new ideas and a well oiled, smart campaign, not to mention the interest and excitement of electing the first African American President.

Back to top Go down
Lindy

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:52 pm

If Trump has Any Chance left,he better be rounding up a cabinet and bringing them in so they can give us a damn plan!The nipping wasting time bullying Clinton is washing him right down the drain.Its like winning a million in the lottery and setting it on fire in the public.Good grief.

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:43 am

Yep, time is running out for the GOP to replace him and still get a candidate on the ballot in many states. I read that Sept 1 is about the latest they could do it.
Today he apologized for some of his comments in a turn- about to his normal way of never apologizing for anything he says. Maybe the reality of what the results of his statements could mean and the people changing parties have caused him to think about it.
His statement the other day that if he loses he will just enjoy  long vacation does not sit well with those who support him and want to keep the witch out of the WH.
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:37 pm

GOP won't replace him unless he's convicted of a crime or he bows out.  So much "stuff" on both sides that would have at one time disqualified both of them. If he were running against Biden or someone without all Hillary's baggage he probably would be out. Looks doubtful she will even make it to the general because rumors she has health problems are valid IMHO.

Back to top Go down
Lindy

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:05 pm

The left keeps laughing about the reports on her health.She is having a hard time keeping up and there is certainly something wrong with her.I dont wish bad health on anyone,not even her.It wears me out watching her trying to push on.

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Me too, actually feel sorry for her.  On the other hand, if she is unwell, really loves our country and it's people which every President should want it's very selfish of her to stay in if she can't meet the demands of the job because of poor health. Being President should never be all about power and fame, it should be about serving USA & it's people.
When I watch her at campaign events really makes me nervous she is going to fall or show signs of odd behavior.  Don't know how she does it.  Have you noticed she doesn't wear heels anymore & very guarded in her movements.  Scary, and not just bc she is running for Pres, but just bc she is a human being obviously struggling.

Back to top Go down
Lindy

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:29 pm

I really think she is driven by power over love.Theres that high and mighty attitude that she deserves it
and come hell or high water she'll die trying to get it.

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:55 pm

I agree 100%.  What a horrible way to spend one's golden years, competing for power, and yes, she does believe she deserves it IMO too. Never thought of it being like a "high", but now that you mention it I think you are really on to something.  I do believe it has been practically a life long goal since before Bill became Pres.  He really looks frail, and in some pictures like he's 85 yrs old.  I think the tv media is  is falling down on their job covering up for her. Pretty shocking she hasn't had a press conference for over 250 days and takes huge amount of time off from campaigning. She does one event then off for days which isn't normal. I think more and more ppl are concerned about her health, and should be bc it's pretty obvious she isn't acting anywhere near as with it than even 6 months ago.

Back to top Go down
ctrr03

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:02 pm

you people still aren't getting it.  Obama is pushing this.  It's his way to stay in power.  If something happens to her, he will declare martial law due to all the unrest in the country

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:53 am

I don't think that will happen.  This entire campaign season has been very entertaining, scary but entertaining.  I am concerned the Fed Govt. is becoming far too powerful.  It's becoming difficult to have faith in much of the media as well, too much cross over between govt. & media which isn't healthy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It does not get better than this   

Back to top Go down

It does not get better than this
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: The Guest Room-