HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

The great debate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hobo

PostSubject: The great debate   Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:37 pm

Any comments on the debate??
Trump could have hit hil-liar-y harder when the topic was cyber security and her e-mail came up. He could have brought up that all her time in the WH, as a senator and as Sec of State apparently did nothing to impress on her that security is a top priority. Good that he brought up the immunity of staff and others.
He did poor on his tax returns answers, but did get her Wall Street speeches brought out.
He also did well in pointing out her support for the trade agreement, with her calling it the "Gold Standard". 
She may have scored by pointing out his business dealings and bankruptcies saying people did not get paid.
She also pointed out the lawsuit about discrimination in not renting to blacks.
His response to the current homicide rate was better than hers but his answer about "Stop and Frisk" could have been presented better since it was challenged as unconstitutional.

I doubt if tonight will change or make up any minds.
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Most honored among Natives

Registration date : 2010-06-14

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:57 pm

Stop &  Frisk is constitutional per SCOTUS
I think he hit her pretty hard, if he had done more all the left would talk about would him being a bully which they were primed to do.
Minor crimes are down, but major crimes up 11%
Agree re his bankruptcies, however what he did was legal, and used all the time. Like he said don't like it, change the law.  He has been a business man his whole adult life, she doesn't have a clue.  Except for the few years she was an attorney with a law firm in Arkansas, she has been supported by govt.
Thought he made a good point re not releasing tax info bc of being audited, but did offer to list all banks he has dealings with.  He got her though re the 3,000 deleted emails. 
My impression is neither one of them came out being the winner.
I do believe, however he is a lot more passionate about his stances on issues and what he wants to do as President than she is.  She just kept displaying her fake smile and was kind of robotic lacking much of a real or sincere connection with average Americans.
Also felt Lester Holt very partial to Hillary which surprised me.  Matt Lauer much better and moderated more fairly.
Internet polling has Trump the big winner.

"Where Words Fail, Music Speaks" .............Hans Christian Anderson
Back to top Go down
Tali

Registration date : 2008-07-30

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Anxious to see the next one.

"I could have had a better education, and I could have had better clothes to wear to school. I could have had a better chance, you know. But if I'd had the best education in the world, I might have not played music."

Bill Monroe
Back to top Go down
ctrr03

Registration date : 2015-06-11

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Last one was a big farce.  The so-called moderator  Trump was right when he said he wouuld not attend if Hiliary was on stage/ should be banned from ever hosting election debates and fired.  Trump was right when he said he wouldn't attend if \Hilary was on stage.

I will say the Democrats mist be pretty desperate to lie and cheat durint the debates/  Registering 20+ dead voters from Virginia is nothing new for them though, not to mention all they already got from other states,  I''m also sure rigginh voting machines from over 20 states was just a coincidence too.   Hilary and Obama should be tried for treason and removed from ever holding office again and all their assests and pensions be taken away.

It always seems impossible until it's done.
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Sure hope won't have to look at her fake smile plastered throughout the next debate.  She looked like a ventriloquist was behind her the entire time pulling the smile string.  Notice how it was only seemed like the only part of her body that moved for 90 minutes was her head and mouth.  Stood like a statue.
Next debate is town hall style.

Back to top Go down
ctrr03

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:52 pm

Why even bother with a debate?  It was a farce.

1 She wore an ear piece which was against the rules
2 Trumps mic wasn't working porperly
3 She was signaling the host.
4 They never asked her any of the tough questions
5 Trump was not allowed to ask about her scandals?
6 Who was the guy whjo walked in with her and then conveniently collected hrr stuff off her podium after the debate
7 Why did he attempt ti hand them to and then did hand them to the moderator
8  Suspicion has it they were the debate questions

Of course the democrats had to cheat as it was the onlt way she could win.   Not onlt that, The polling booths are already being rigged in her favor,  Not to mention how the dems convienently  are collectining names and registering dead people to vote.   Florida, Virginia and Ohio are some of the states

Back to top Go down
Hobo

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Actually Trump was very disappointing. He needs to tone it down and not try to run the debate, he comes off as accusatory.
If he studies up on facts and then use those facts as a way to put her down, he would score more points.
In the next one he needs to have answers that an average citizen can understand. 
Such as if his taxes come up, he needs to say something like  "Of course I take every deduction and use every loop-hole my accountants can find, doesn't everyone"? "Name anyone doing taxes who does not take an available deduction".
Then he can say that electing hil-liar-y will only assure that those tax codes will never change except against the middle class, since she is part of the long established political circle of hacks living off the taxpayers dime.
Back to top Go down
Tali

Registration date : 2008-07-30

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:16 pm

@Sunny wrote:
Sure hope won't have to look at her fake smile plastered throughout the next debate.  She looked like a ventriloquist was behind her the entire time pulling the smile string.  Notice how it was only seemed like the only part of her body that moved for 90 minutes was her head and mouth.  Stood like a statue.
Next debate is town hall style.

I thought so too

"I could have had a better education, and I could have had better clothes to wear to school. I could have had a better chance, you know. But if I'd had the best education in the world, I might have not played music."

Bill Monroe
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:02 am

Pence had a great debate which didn't surprise me.  Watched a lot of C-Span years ago, and always the TV shows re politics, etc.  He always impressed me then and still does.  For many reasons I wish he were the head of the Republican ticket, but who knows, considering the party was for Jeb all the way for many years prior and the primary was such a circus. Maybe next time will be better.

Back to top Go down
Lindy

Registration date : 2008-04-21

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:38 pm

I was just going to say that Sunny,before I read your post.Goodness gracious.325 milion in this country and this is our choices.

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:14 pm

These are our choices because we have become a nation that thrives on attention above substance. Whoever can get the most attention wins even if they are criminal. That said, I personally am ready for a non-politician. I would vote for farmer Dwayne before I would vote for ANY current politician. Oh I'm sure some are alright but the fact is if they are really alright they would have already been famous from making such a ruckus about the way things are. I could easily vote out every incumbent and start fresh.

TERM LIMITS !!!!!

Once you get past my charm, good looks, intelligence and sense of humor, I think it's my modesty that really stands out.
Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Lindy

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Thats true TM.Kim NAsty Kardashian would win if she ran.I'd vote for a farmer. 

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Politicians are liars, cheats and crooks who can and will manipulate the votes,.  Do away with the electoral college and let the people vote.  The electoral college is outdated.   Never was meant to do the things it's doing.  Illegals and dead people should NOT be voting.   Force athletes to honor our flag or permanently ban them from ever playing.   Do away with this politically correct crap.  This country was founded on Christan values.  Bring them back.  Close the damn borders and deport illegals and undesirables.  Anyone caught looting or rioting needs to be moved to a deserted Island and/or deported and shot on site if they return.  That would only be a start to getting this country back on track.

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:53 pm

One thing for sure, all this nasty Trump stuff is taking away the much deserved attention to the latest dump of Hillary's emails.  She is NOT the person presenting herself on tv, debates and so called rallies.
The Hillary media which is what most of it is whether Internet, TV or print have circled the wagons around her to protect her at any cost and dump on Trump every second possible for any conceivable excuse or reason possible.
The media couldn't get enough of Trump during the Primary almost to the point of ignoring Hillary. Once he became the candidate the worm turned.  Whether he deserves much of the criticism or not where's the outrage when it comes to Hillary. 
I'm disgusted with both of them, practically every politician holding office, the media, and how far this country has gone downhill morally and ethically.
Interesting how the media is every so outraged with Trump but ignores the company Hillary Clinton keeps with the Hollywood gang who have single handedly driven much of why the morals of people have continued to sink.  Anything goes!!  One of Hillary's first interviews with the Dunham woman who wrote in her book how she molested her little sister when younger. She is disgusting as are the Kardashians.  Who did Bill & Hillary have with them early on in Iowa during the Primary, & Michelle Obama claimed to have great admiration for years ago?  None other than Beyoncé.  I can't bring myself to even say what she does in one of her videos.
Bottom line, neither candidate is someone I would enjoy having dinner with or ever invite into my home, travel a block to see in person, and bring myself to check off giving my vote to.  I despise what they and Obama have done to this country, and it is really heartbreaking that our best, the military, are forced to put their lives on the line, losing their lives for reasons that are not necessarily what we are led to believe. Government has no problem sending them to war, but are so inept at taking care of them when they come home and need help.
We have a crooked DOJ and FBI ta boot.

Have to wonder just how bad it can get?
I'm DONE!!

Back to top Go down
Lindy

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Yep,Im done too.This country is crawling in filth.I watch very little  of whats going on.This world is based on negativity and trash so I have backed away from much of the internet and tv.

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:35 pm

Based on the most recent revelations of Trump and Hil-liar-y past antics and actions, both should be replaced by their VP's or another candidate. Trump's recorded statements have pretty much cooked him with many people even though Old Bill did worse not just talk about it and Hil-liar-y covered for him. I doubt that Hil-liar-y will be bringing Trump's statements up in the next debate (glass houses and stones) if she knows what is good for her.

As far as the Electorial College, we need it to stay in place. Using just the popular vote would give the power to elect to the large cities and heavily populated states such as Kalifornia, and New York which are not very well known for their common sense decisions in elections. Politicians would only cater to the populace of those cities/states with more give-aways. Voter Fraud would have more impact too, although the democrats swear it does not happen.
Back to top Go down
Lindy

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:16 pm

I have a neighbor that was squaking about Repubs about Trumps dirty deeds and picking on Hiliar..
Like I told him Trump has never tracked mud into the Whitehouse like the Clintons have.I do wish Pence was on top of the ticket,but its not going to happen.
I dont so much worry about me...I do worry about my kids and grandkids.Makes me sick,the way things are headed.Sad world.

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:21 pm

Even if he gets in, he could be impeached and it would probably be a bi-partisan effort.
If hil-liar-y gets in, every democrat will defend her despite her lies and corruption both known and to be revealed.
Funny how that works.
Back to top Go down
ctrr03

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:26 pm

One also needs to remember, what Trump said happened in 2005.  Seems they really have to go back a long way to get dirt on him.  I do find it ironic tha tObama said the exact same thing and no one is on his case.  If it comes down to a choice between Trump and Clinton, you can bet my money won't be on her.  She has said way worse than Trumo ever did, and hers was a LOT more recent.    Only place Hliary should be in 2016 is prison.

Back to top Go down
ctrr03

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:29 pm

Why would he be impeached?  If they have to go that far back to dig something up on him, then perhaps he's not all that bad.  I would still rather take my chances on him.

Back to top Go down
Hobo

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:02 pm

I said he "could be" impeached. He will face a very low thresh-hold on impeachable offenses or  what would be an alleged offense. In other words, his impeachable offense could be similar to Jay-walking while Hil-liar-y would get a pass for armed robbery.
The GOP would rather have a less volatile person in office and after hearing some of the things he has said, so would I. When he makes statements that are beyond reason, it does not build any confidence in him or his ability or thinking process.
For instance, he has said he will deport all illegal aliens. Not possible at this stage of the game since there is reported to be over 11 million. It would be too costly and impossible with the limited manpower in the Border Patrol or ICE. Also everyone of them is entitled to a court hearing by law. The courts would have to be expanded 100 times or more if they were to handle all those cases within 5 years.
His policy for fighting Islamic terrorism is non-existent or at least a secret. He has said we would go after them harder, but what does that mean? Would he get most of the world against us.
What he needs to say is that upon taking office, he will convene a meeting of a wide spectrum of business leaders both large and small to see what it will take to kick off more manufacturing within the U.S. and grow the job market.
He has said that he would do something about foreign products coming in the U.S. at lower tax rates and he needs to keep pounding on that and against hil-liar-y's world market concept that takes jobs overseas.
In other words act and sound more like a leader than a self-centered know-it-all with a 5th grade vocabulary who repeats things like "it will be really, really big".
I have never been more ashamed of any Republican candidate in my entire life. He could almost make me vote for the witch, but not quite.
Back to top Go down
clouddancer

Registration date : 2009-03-10

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:10 am

One thing that everyone is forgetting or totally ignoring is all of the stuff the Clintons were involved in when he was Governor of Arkansas...all of it should be jailable offences...people murdered, bad land deals, dealing/distributing drugs, etc., etc., etc.

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:14 am

I think it's over and done.Clinton will be our next president regardless of what happens. Between a media who will ignore all negatives about her highlight instead something said 10 years ago, the rampant voter fraud and illegals, Trump doesn't stand a chance. No, we will have another feel good moment of electing our first woman president and our first husband and wife to both hold the office. And unfortunately I think we have enough people in the country who are just plain brain dead.

Once you get past my charm, good looks, intelligence and sense of humor, I think it's my modesty that really stands out.
Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Sunny

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:49 pm

I wish it could be a "feel good moment" for me, TM.  Afraid it will be more like a feeling of disappointment, fear and pure disgust.

In the ne batch of Wiki leaks Hillary writes she grew up in a middle class family, middle class community and it was good, she remembers it, but since she and her husband have done so well she can't relate to the middle class.
It's been my experience when I know people who forget where they come from & make it big they are usually very insincere, often snotty, selfish, many unfriendly.   Unhappy too.

Back to top Go down
Lindy

Character sheet
My mood is....:

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Well,Guest I'll go get drunk  so I can be happy when the dehate comes on.Actully I dont drink,but this may be a good day to start.....Cheers

PostSubject: Re: The great debate   

Back to top Go down

The great debate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: The Island-